FZ45 - can't delete photos

schapotin

FZ45 - can't delete photos

Post by schapotin »

Just got this camera. When I try to delete a photo, nothing happens and an icon appears in lower left corner of screen showing a circle with what looks like a TV/computer screen inside in the middle, 4 lines around it, and a trash can at the bottom inside the circle. When I scroll through my photos, this icon appears on every photo briefly.

My SD card is not locked and I don't have protection on any photos.
edis_

Re: FZ45 - can't delete photos

Post by edis_ »

What makes your attempt to delete? Have you seen appropriate page in the user manual?
Essentially, you go into playback mode, navigate to the picture to be deleted, and press DOWN button of the camera, which acts for trash bin there. You receive confirmation dialog to confirm deletion finally.
anwar4870

Post by anwar4870 »

It sounds like your FZ45 camera may be indicating that the images are locked, which would explain why you are unable to delete them. The icon you described with the circle, TV/computer screen, lines around it, and trash can at the bottom is typically used to indicate that an image is locked and cannot be deleted.

To unlock the images and delete them, you will need to access the menu on your camera and navigate to the option for image protection. Once there, you should be able to remove the lock on the images and then delete them as desired.

Regards
Anwar
CEO
www.mobilesinbd.com
Afaan

Post by Afaan »

Hello there!

If you're having trouble deleting photos from your FZ45 camera, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue. First, make sure that the photos you're trying to delete are not locked or protected. If they are, you will need to unlock them before you can delete them.

Another thing to check is whether your memory card is full or write-protected. If it's full, you may need to delete some other photos or transfer them to a computer or other device to make space. If it's write-protected, you will need to remove the write-protection before you can delete any photos.https://apkbgmi.com/

If none of these solutions work, you may want to try resetting your camera to its default settings. This can often fix any software issues that may be causing problems with deleting photos.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!
thames54321

Post by thames54321 »

Unlock Write Protection: Some cameras have a physical write protection switch on the memory card. Make sure that the switch on the memory card is not set to the "Lock" position. This can prevent you from deleting or modifying files.

File Protection: Some cameras offer a file protection feature that prevents certain photos from being deleted. Check your camera's settings to ensure that the photos you're trying to delete are not protected. If they are, remove the protection before attempting to delete them.

Memory Card Formatting: If you're unable to delete individual photos, you might consider formatting the memory card. Be aware that formatting will erase all data on the card, so make sure you have backed up any important photos before proceeding.

Battery: Ensure that the camera's battery has enough charge. Sometimes, insufficient battery power can prevent certain operations, including deleting photos here https://www.dmdesign.com/kitchen-worktops-glasgow/.

Playback Mode: Make sure you are in the playback mode (viewing photos) when trying to delete images. Trying to delete photos while in shooting mode may not work.
thames54321

Post by thames54321 »

Check the Write-Protection Switch:

Some digital cameras, including the Panasonic Lumix FZ45, have a write-protection switch on the memory card. Ensure that this switch is not in the "Lock" position, as it prevents you from deleting or writing new files to the card.
Try a Different Memory Card:
https://manifestrange.com/hurt-family-quotes/

If you're still unable to delete photos, try using a different memory card. The issue might be with the card itself, and using a new one can help determine if that's the problem.
Review Camera Settings:

Access the camera's menu and navigate to the settings related to deleting photos. Ensure that the settings allow for photo deletion. Refer to the camera's user manual for specific instructions on navigating the menu and checking settings.