SP360 4K Need updating help PIXPRO AZ421

teamzr1

SP360 4K Need updating help PIXPRO AZ421

Post by teamzr1 »

Hi, sorry, I cannot find on this forum a section for my PIXPRO AZ421
But maybe you can help
My PIXPRO AZ421 firmware is V2. I downloaded a new V4 firmware bin file and coped it to the SD card plugged into the camera
In setup, I select firmware, and it shows V2 but has nothing there to start the process of updating to V4

What is the problem ?
Where else could I have put the V4 bin file, does the SD card need a different subdirectory made, and bin file put there ?
What am I missing when in setup, firmware, to see a function for update process ?

Thanks for any help . . . JR
edis_

Re: SP360 4K Need updating help PIXPRO AZ421

Post by edis_ »

Hello! You have Astro Zoom section in board index for your inquiries regarding AZ camera.

Would you navigate with camera control buttons as per instructions on page 83 here?
https://kodakpixpro.com/resources/camer ... ual-en.pdf
[Optimus-prime]

Post by [Optimus-prime] »

you're experiencing difficulties updating the firmware on your PIXPRO AZ421 camera. While I can provide some general guidance, it's important to note that specific camera models and firmware updates may vary. Here are a few suggestions to help you troubleshoot the issue:

Verify the firmware file: Ensure that the firmware file you downloaded is compatible with your specific camera model (PIXPRO AZ421) and that it is the correct version (V4). Sometimes, different camera models have different firmware versions, so it's crucial to use the right file.

Check the SD card: Confirm that the SD card is properly formatted and compatible with your camera. It's recommended to use a blank or empty SD card for firmware updates. You can try formatting the SD card using your camera or using a computer (FAT32 or exFAT file system).

File location: Make sure the firmware file is placed in the root directory (main directory) of the SD card. Avoid placing it inside any subdirectories or folders.

Firmware update process: When you access the firmware update option in the camera's setup menu, it should typically display the current firmware version and provide an option to select the new firmware file for updating. If you're not seeing any options or the update process isn't starting, it could indicate a compatibility issue or a problem with the firmware file itself.

Contact support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to the Kodak PIXPRO customer support or visiting their official website for troubleshooting guides, firmware update instructions, or any available resources specific to your camera model.

Remember to exercise caution when updating firmware, as any interruption or improper handling during the process could potentially damage the camera. It's always a good practice to follow the manufacturer's instructions and recommendations for firmware updates.

Discover a world of creativity and craftsmanship with our sewing website. Click here "https://sewnscissors.com/" to explore the art of sewing and unlock your passion for beautiful stitches.
aiphoto15

Post by aiphoto15 »

Hello there!

If you're looking to update your SP360 4K camera or need assistance with your PIXPRO AZ421, I'd be happy to help you out.

To update your SP360 4K camera, you'll need to follow these steps:

Connect your camera to your computer using a USB cable.
Visit the Kodak PIXPRO website and go to the support or downloads section.
Look for the firmware update for the SP360 4K camera and download it to your computer.
Once the download is complete, locate the firmware file and double-click on it to initiate the update process.
Follow the on-screen instructions provided by the firmware update tool. Make sure to carefully read and understand each step before proceeding.
During the update, do not disconnect the camera or turn off the power. Let the update process complete uninterrupted.
After the update is finished, disconnect the camera from your computer and restart it.
If you require assistance with your PIXPRO AZ421 camera, please provide more details about the specific issue you're facing, and I'll do my best to provide further guidance.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!