AZ652 The is an astronography camera

peakyharmer567

AZ652 The is an astronography camera

Post by peakyharmer567 »

Hi there,
My zoom photos of the moon capture the moon beautifully. As a result, I have trouble taking good photos of stars, meteors, or the Milky Way; they appear like fuzzy dots rather than sharp points. My tripod is set to manual settings, and I'm using F/2.9, ISO1600 or 3200 after pressing the shutter on a tripod with a timer. Why does the camera not focus on stars?
I captured some great photos of stars and meteor showers with the Kodak EasyShare Z990 using manual settings and infinity focus. It's puzzling to me that I can't do the same thing with the AZ652.
Visit https://etchlaser.mystrikingly.com to connect with me
I would appreciate any tips you can provide regarding specific manual settings.
edis_

Re: AZ652 The is an astronography camera

Post by edis_ »

Hi, I would suggest disabling any anti-shake, auto-focus and whatever enhancements logic in the settings. What you want, is straightforward focus on infinity and non-shake/stable position of the camera (including ground, it stands upon). Another consideration is regarding sensitivity of the sensor: it might be marginal for the low-light of the tiny subjects, you are about to capture with it. Still, fuzzy result can hardly be explained by the qualities of the capturing pixel. More like processes, happening within duration of the capture - either camera logic searching for optimal solution, or instability of the device within time-frame of exposition. As a test, one could replicate the same with other camera/sensor to see what is in common or differs, if so.