WPZ2 Renaming file

McQ047

WPZ2 Renaming file

Post by McQ047 »

I would like to rename a memory card file for a photo taken with the camera. I don't find such an operation directly available in the camera.
Renaming could be performed either with the camera USB-cabled to a computer, or with the card in a separate card reader.
For example, rename file 100_0003.jpg to 100_6000.jpg (unchanged directory & folder)

I do see that the Safety Notes for Memory Card, in the User Manual, states ...
"Do not modify the name of the files or folders of the microSD/microSDHC memory card using your computer. Modifying the file names may cause the files to not be recognized on the camera or a possible permanent error may occur."

What are the likely consequences of this example's simple renaming after the card is reinserted into the camera? Would the renamed file be readable in the camera? Would a subsequently taken photo file be stored after the renamed file, named as 100_6001 (or otherwise)?
thames54321

Re: WPZ2 Renaming file

Post by thames54321 »

"Do not modify the name of the files or folders of the microSD/microSDHC memory card using your computer. Modifying the file names may cause the files to not be recognized on the camera or a possible permanent error may occur."
https://eaimastery.com/civitai-ai/