FZ43 Batteries Reading Issue with Kodak PIXPRO FZ43

Evangelina

FZ43 Batteries Reading Issue with Kodak PIXPRO FZ43

Post by Evangelina »

Hello all!,
I’ve recently purchased a brand new KODAK PIXPRO FZ43 (Red color). Sadly it came with an issue that i’m trying to solve: When i insert fresh, brand new, rechargable (And non-rechargables), from a good brand and in pristine condition, batteries (It uses AA’s, two), the camera does turn on and such but it battery metering system is off, by a lot. Sometimes by having it idle for 30 seconds up to a minute or two, it shows the little battery icon depleting as if i’m taking five pictures by the second. And if i use the machine, the apparent life time of the batteries shortens even more. Here’s the curious thing, when the camera shut itself off with a message “Baterry Exhausted!”, if i turn it on again, it starts up showing the batteries full. Sometimes it does says again, right from the get go, “Baterries exhausted” but most of the times it just turns on like a fresh baterry was inserted. Opening and closing the hatch of the batteries doesn’t change this behavior. As i’ve said before, i’ve tried numerous brands and types, both 1.4V and 1.5v, yet to no avail. I’ve entered the website to see if there was a Firmware update, and it does have two new versions, which in the patch notes says something about correcting a bug with the battery and voltage readings, yet i’ve tried all the firmware versions (1.01;1.02; etc) and nothing changed sadly, the issue is still present.

¿Does anyone had or has this camera and knows of this issue?, ¿There is any recommendation for me to try other than a repair service?; i’ve contacted a technician who had some experience with this family of cameras back in 2013 and they said it could be an issue that was present in the family of the “FZ41” cameras.

¿Does anyone had experienced something similar with a digital camera that uses AA’s?, i do have another camera, a Kodak EasyShare CD140 that, with certain generic brands, it doesn’t even recognizes them inserted.

Thank you for the patience of reading my long text, and for any help or suggestion, ¡Thanks!
Evangelina

Re: FZ43 Batteries Reading Issue with Kodak PIXPRO FZ43

Post by Evangelina »

Dead forum, no support nor anything similar in my region. If anyone knows something or is willing to help, contact me, my online handle is @Proditae (Twitter, Facebook, etc)